iDEATE
Doodling my heart out about all things 'creative' ...
Saturday, January 17, 2009
My Bucket List
What are the list of things I would like to do before I kick the bucket? Ever since I saw the movie ‘Bucket List’, I have always wondered what my brown list of things are, that I would like to do before I visit heaven. The following is the wild spirited me pandering my inner ‘craving’ self.

Write a bestseller.
Sign autographs.
Appear on ‘We the People’.
Kiss in the rain.
Kiss under the ocean.
Bungee jump with the ocean underneath to kiss my fall.
Become the youngest Creative Director in a fab agency.
Write a movie script and watch it unfold on 70 mm in a theatre packed with other celebrities.
Watch ‘Bride and Prejudice’ in an empty theatre, with only my girl (that incidentally was the first movie we saw as a couple).
Visit a foreign country.
Visit the Seven Wonders of the World.
Rip around an F1 track in an F1 car (a Ferrari).
Own a Porsche Carrera 911.
Learn how to cook and dish out a romantic sumptuous dinner for my girl.
Learn a foreign language.
Learn Tamil (to woo my in-laws!).
Play cricket in the Chinnaswamy Stadium, once; under flood-lights.
Go back-packing across Europe.
Go watch an opera.
Get into a boxing ring for a bloody boxing bout, and break my nose (I'm serious)
Watch Federer beat Nadal in a Wimbledon match (Hon, you listening?!).
Have a killer bodice with rippling muscles and great ab packs.
Own a sports bike.
Go Scuba diving.
Climb a snow capped mountain.
Teach at IIM-B.
Fly in a MIG.
Tour a foreign city from atop a parachute.
Go on a long cruise.
Make an ad that wins at Cannes.
Get a body massage in Thailand.
Smoke the costliest Cuban cigar in a bath-tub, watching Friends.
Own a Blackberry.
Own a Mac.
Judge a beauty pageant.
Act in a movie.
Have my own syndicated column in a recognised paper/magazine.
Win a dance competition (Oh yeah, I can shake a leg or two!).
Learn to play Squash.
Visit the Louvre.
Dress up as Santa for my kids.
Master Logical Reasoning (I have my reasons)
Run in a marathon.
Learn how to swim.
Sleep on the beach, with the lapping waves next to me, and the huge blanket of twinkling stars in the top.
Visit Disney Land.
Get into a brawl with a total stranger and knock the living daylights out of him (only to prove to my girl that I'm not a sissy!).
Visit a chocolate factory (I have a sweeter tooth than most of Roald Dahl's creations)


These are all I could think of, off the top of my head. Will update this list as and when new things catch my fancy. More for me than for anybody else, and to ensure I take this list seriously, everytime one of those things on the list is achieved, I'll change the font of that wish to upper case. So here's to(me seen raising my champagne glass), MY BUCKET LIST...

Labels: ,

posted by Mister Avant Garde @ 1:50 PM  
17 Comments:
  • At January 17, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    BOUQUETS 4 vinay:hmmmmmm, BRIDE AND PREJUDICE..I LOVE YOU.
    n d BRICKBATS:hon,u might want the following change: "watch federer beat nadal at a french open."
    and u r on ur own on the opera.
    1 request-can v keep d santa costume after u've pirouted for our kids hon??! ;)

     
  • At January 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    bout the french open hon, tis only a matter o time bef freddie beats nadal ... good things take time happenin baby :)

    bout the santa costume shonu, this is a family blog baby ... do you really want me to talk bout it hon?!

    n lastly, the opera hon; do you really want to let this beef cake off your sight in a foreign land, even for a teensy moment?! there will be attractive stilleto heels at the opera u know?! now, do u wanna miss out on the opera hon??

     
  • At January 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Blogger Lolopookie said…

    Nice! You have inspired me to make one too!! :D :D

     
  • At January 18, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Blogger Keerthi said…

    Climb a snow capped mountain.!!!
    Are you serious??
    I'm going for another trek in May. This is your chance to tick an item in your list ;)

     
  • At January 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ lolo,
    i have?? not bad for a guy hu was thought to be a bad influence on young minds, until now!!

    @ keerthi:
    course i'm darn serious bout the snow capped mountain maga :) ... will def consider ur invite kanoo :)

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Blogger Nikita said…

    wow..i already have done 6 things in your list. 1) Learn Swimming, 2) Go to a foreign country, 3) Visit Disneyland, 4) Win a dance competetion (at school :P), 5) Go on a long cruise (US to Bahamas, 4 day cruise, not that long), 6) GO Scuba Diving.
    I am learning SPanish, so that would soon move the count to 7. Makes me feel so good.
    Your list is amazing, seems like you want to do everything :-)

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ nikita:
    u have already done 6 things on my list ?? ... man, makes me feel real hollow and incomplete ... neways, u must really be feelin darn bloody good n all, havin already done all those things :) ... good for u :) ...

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Blogger Keerthi said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Blogger Keerthi said…

    My list
    1. Start a geeky company
    2. Climb Mt. Everest
    3. Make a good telescope and find an asteroid or a comet
    4. Go on a bike trip with my gf all around india.
    5. Start a kickass rock band and perform on stage
    --------------
    My second list
    1. Read Vinay's bestseller
    2. Direct Vinay's movie
    3. Break Vinay's nose in boxing ring (I'm serious too)

     
  • At January 19, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ keerthi:
    aiooo lowde :) ... i was hoping u would be one of the privileged few to first read my novel... now you want to read it wit more than a broken nose (i din't say wat my opponent wuld be subjectd to, did i maga ?!) ...

    neways, nice list kanoo (the second one, especially so!)

     
  • At January 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Loved ur list!!:) Inspired me to make one of my own...
    but what all will u do ' this year'??

     
  • At January 26, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Blogger PI said…

    i'd make a list too. this was fun reading!

     
  • At January 26, 2009 at 4:33 AM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ shoe girl:
    probably the novel thing ... time i stopped talking bout it n actually wrote it :)

    @ tripts:
    netime girl, netime :)

     
  • At February 10, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Blogger Rain Girl said…

    you are too young! sigh, you made me remember what it was to be young, ah!

     
  • At February 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ rain girl:
    guess it's because i'm peter pan-ish at heart ... hate growing up neways :)

     
  • At February 11, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Blogger Mister Avant Garde said…

    @ rain girl:
    guess it's because i'm peter pan-ish at heart ... hate growing up neways :)

     
  • At March 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know thіs if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I'm
    aѕѕuming hаving a blog like youгs would cοst a
    ρrettу penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% sure. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    My homepage Internet Marketing Company Dallas

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Mister Avant Garde
Home: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
About Me: Have just started making money... Done studying (gosh, and to believe, i started this sojourn when i was all of three)... That's a lot of time i have spent cooped up within a classroom... Shucks, no wonder my DNA reeks of chalk powder!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

BLOGGER